Have you ever stared at a blank page or slide and thought, « I really wish that thing wasn’t blank, but I have no idea what to put on it? » Or have you ever had a fast approaching deadline and wish you could skip the research and write stage and get on with the more interesting parts of course development?
Most of us have probably had one or all of these concerns at some point. Today, I’m going to introduce you to a new feature in Lectora Online that I believe will help solve these two problems, plus more.
Let me introduce you to the AI Course Wizard.
The AI Course Wizard is a new option in the backstage of Lectora Online to start your course. Unlike the other options, which let you start with a template you can enter content into, the AI Course Wizard will generate the course content for you and place it on pages ready for you to fine-tune.
Here’s how it works:
- Select AI Course Wizard in the backstage
- Type the topic you need to create a course in the text box
- Note: Be sure to follow the types and guidelines that appear in the tooltip
- Select your number of pages
- This can be anywhere from 1 to 15 pages
- Select a theme
- You will have one selected by default, but you can select Change theme and choose a different one. I suggest you take a look Airywhich is a brand new theme for this release!
- Hit generate
- Watch the wizard perform his magic.
- Course generation will take approximately 60 seconds to complete. During that time LO will show you a variety of jokes and funny animation to keep you entertained.
You will now have a generated course, including a content block on the preset number of pages and with your selected theme applied. Each page will include a textual content block and a placeholder for an image in a mobile responsive layout.
Note: For those using Lectora Desktop, you can export the course created from Lectora Online and import it into Lectora Desktop.
Now you could just submit the course as is, but I wouldn’t recommend that. This isn’t really a complete course and that’s not really the point. However, this speeds up the creation of course content. Now it’s your turn to add your own magic to this course.
Here are some ideas and suggestions on how to improve what the AI Course wizard provides:
- Add the corresponding Style Pack to your course to enhance the visual style of your course
- Reformat text so it’s easier to read and more visually appealing
- Add some additional text information that applies specifically to your organization
- Add images for each topic
- Add a title page and goal slide at the beginning
- Create a quiz or knowledge check
- Reformat some of the pages in an interaction using one of several ELB Learning templates
There is still a lot you can do to create a complete and personalized course, but at least most of your information will be available to you and all you have to do is make it your own.
I see this feature helps in many ways.
- Not having to do so much research will speed up course development so you can meet deadlines and maximize output.
- You’ll be able to eliminate those pesky compliance and security topics and be able to focus on content specific to your organization, things that AI probably can’t help you with.
These are just a couple of ways that using AI will help make you faster and more efficient.
I hope you enjoy this feature as much as it does us. You will most likely see improvements to this feature in future versions of Lectora Online. We’re just scratching the surface here. If you have any questions or suggestions for us about this feature, please do not hesitate to contact us. And if you’re not currently using Lectora Online, sign up for a free trial and get in touch with our sales team for a full demo.